•June 21, 2011 • Leave a Comment
It’s been a while since I’ve posted. Partly due to ALL the changes that have happen and will be happening in the next few weeks.
- I have a niece, Chloe Elizabeth. Born 6/13/2011 at 8:08 pm, 8.0 lbs and 21 inches. Yes she will be TALL like her dad.
- Earlier that day, I lost my job of 5+ years.
- So now that I don’t have a job and a way of paying my bills, I will be moving in with Mom & Dad. I’m sure they didn’t expect it, but it will help so much!
- A week leading up to Miss Chloe’s birth, I got sick with a nasty cold. So I went to the clinic and got some antibiotics and got a few adjustments. I wanted to be able to hold my niece after she was born. But I didn’t run or even walk while I was sick. I should have kept working out, but every time I tried, I could barely breathe.
- And now I’m packing up and throwing out just about everything except the furniture (which will go into storage).
I’m still looking for donations to the National Stroke Association. I am running on their behalf. You can make donations directly to there webpage by clicking Here.
•May 17, 2011 • Leave a Comment
First order is going in May 26. If you would like to order please contact me before May 26th. I will have more fundraisers with them. 🙂
•May 14, 2011 • Leave a Comment
Did you know as little as $50 you can enable the National Stroke Association to:
- Provide more than 10,000 free subscriptions to StrokeSmart magazines to survivors (your reading one’s blog right now) , caregivers, and anyone affected by stroke
- Provide resources and education to more than 50,000 healthcare professionals
- Network with more than 500 stroke care centers, rehabilitation centers, and private practices to ensure that stroke patients receive the best care for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Provide free educational materials on www.stroke.org for the latest information regarding prevention, treatment, and recovery.
Visit http://www.crowdrise.com/TheRoadtoNewYorkMarathon/fundraiser/NikkiEllis to help sponsor me in the NY Marathon and National Stroke Association.
•May 11, 2011 • Leave a Comment
Marathon registration status: Accepted
Entry number: 793617
So it’s official. Me running/walking 23.1 miles through the neighborhoods of New York. Oh and that I have to raise over $3000 for the National Stroke Association. 🙂
If you would like to donate to my cause, please go to: http://www.crowdrise.com/TheRoadtoNewYorkMarathon It’s a safe site and all it does is raise money for charities.
More to come later . . . .
•May 5, 2011 • Leave a Comment
So I am finally accepted into the INC New York Marathon. Entry #793617
My first reaction is a Wahoo! Go Me! Then the next was CRAP!!! I’ve got to raise $3000 and run 23.1 miles in about 6 months time. Actually exactly 6 months from today! So now I need fundraising ideas.